Kickin’ it with Karen: Beyond Sauerkraut
A pastry chef’s secret ingredient is the duck egg! Duck eggs are higher in fat content and protein than chicken eggs. This makes for a creamier texture when baking pastries, making custards and ice cream. Why wouldn’t this also be true for pasta.
I also use gluten free flour, not because I am allergic to all gluten, but I am allergic to wheat. I finally found a GF flour that really does mimic wheat. is an excellent replacement and I have found no other GF flour that offers the stretch or the flavor this similar to wheat flour.
I use this pasta in place of spaghetti and as a compliment to dishes like “Chicken Thighs with Creamy Garlic Sauce” , and “Shrimp and Mushrooms in a Garlic Bisque Sauce”. Really, it’s good for any pasta dish you want to make! Enjoy!
2 cups Cup4Cup
3 ½ – 4 Duck Eggs
Splash of Water (if needed)
- Make a well in the middle of the GF flour.
- Slowly pour in duck eggs Mix the flour and eggs until blended
- Kneed for 4-5 minutes Roll into a tight ball and wrap with plastic wrap Rest the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minute
- Cut the dough in four pieces
- Rewrap the remaining three pieces to that they do not dry out
- Flatten and roll out the dough to ¼ inch thickness
- Run the rolled out dough through a pasta machine two times on settings 1, 2 and 4.
- Run the pasta sheet through the pasta cutter on the widest size pasta(GF pasta is often too fragile for the spaghetti setting).
- Rest the pasta in a pile off to the side and sprinkle with a teaspoon or so of Cup4Cup
- Repeat with the remaining 3 parts of dough.
- Let pasta air dry for 30 minutes to an hour.
Bring to a boil 2 quarts of water with plenty of salt. Drop pasta in water in batches and boil for 3 minutes or to your desired level of doneness.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, please visit my YouTube Channel for this video where I walk you through this recipe step-by-step. See you again here soon. Please like and subscribe to not only this blog but “Kickin’ it with Karen: Beyond Sauerkraut”on YouTube for more videos for your health and well-being.